For a free consultation, call 1.877.928.9147 or Contact us here

Skip to main content

What if the other driver was uninsured?

Property Damage, Auto Accidents

Oregon does not require insurance coverage for property damage caused by uninsured drivers, although that option now has to be offered to you when you buy an automobile policy. If you are hit by an uninsured driver and you do not have collision coverage on your own vehicle, you will have no insurance source for recovery. If the party at fault will not pay you voluntarily, you will have to get in touch with a car accident attorney in Oregon and file a lawsuit against them. Check with your agent to be certain you have collision coverage. (See our FAQ on buying auto insurance.)

Related Questions

What do I do first?

You are entitled to seek medical attention – for example, from a chiropractor, family practitioner, orthopedic surgeon, or others. Whichever type of care you choose, throughout your